Is the thought of having mold in your home keeping you up at night? Well, worry no more! The air pollutant detection specialist from Clean Vent Air Solutions is here to tell you when you should consider buying a home mold test.
First, let us let you in on a little secret. There are some instances when you may not need a home mold test. That’s right – we said it! If you can see visible mold in your home, then you most likely do not need a home mold test kit to test for it. What you should do is start the mold removal process immediately to avoid any mold spores from spreading and contaminating the rest of your home.
However, if you do not see visible mold in your home, then you should order a home mold test kit if you’ve experienced any of the following situations:
- If you can smell the presence of mold, you should get a mold detection kit. What does mold smell like? Usually, you can identify mold by a musty, outdoorsy odor. If you notice a humid, damp smell in your home, that’s a good indicator of a mold infestation.
- If you’ve been experiencing plumbing leaks or any type of water damage in your home, you may have a mold infestation as a result. Take the guess work out and pick up a simple mold testing kit that takes only one hour to complete.
- Nothing’s worse than paying a mold remediation professional to clean up your home’s mold problem, only to find the toxins again soon after they leave. Ensure a job well done and use a home mold test to verify that the mold removal job was fully completed.
- Are you experiencing health issues that your doctor just can’t seem to fix? Maybe mold is the culprit. A do-it-yourself mold test can reveal that there is mold in your home that may be causing your adverse health symptoms.
- Many real estate transactions require proof that the home is free of mold prior to the buying or selling of the property. A home mold test is an easy and inexpensive way to verify this versus hiring a professional mold inspection service.
Mold can cause serious adverse health issues for you and your family. An inexpensive and simple solution to protect your family’s health is to purchase a home mold test. If you have the slightest suspicion that your home may be contaminated with mold, don’t wait any longer – it’s too easy to put your mind at ease and ensure that your home’s air quality is the best it can be.